As key partners in emergency care, paramedic involvement in research is one way that BCEHS delivers on our community commitment to promote safety, decrease suffering and save lives.
The BCEHS provincial model supports many innovative research programs and studies that aim to enhance pre-hospital care.
- Enhance research capacity and awareness within BC Emergency Health Services
- Ensure that publications by other EMS systems and research of our own practice and outcomes provide the basis, whenever possible, for patient care decisions
- Improve the quantity and quality of paramedic participation in clinical research activities that BCEHS either leads or is a partner in
- Improve the accessibility and usability of research resources for staff
- Evaluate BCEHS data and write manuscripts for publication
- Review research proposals prior to implementation, to ensure that they are scientifically sound, ethical and feasible
- Locate and translate research literature for employees (from internal and external resources)
- Investigate ideas brought forward by staff and, if appropriate, help formulate a research question
- Answer employee’s research related questions