Advanced care paramedics must have the following licences and certificates on their first day of work with the BC Ambulance Service (BCAS):
- A valid Advanced Care Paramedic License issued by the Emergency Medical Licensing Board.
- A Class 4 Unrestricted License. While a lesser license may be accepted, in order to drive a BCAS ambulance, ACPs will be required to hold a license that the B.C. Motor Vehicle Act Regulations recognizes for the operation of an ambulance.
Other pre-requisites you have and will bring to this role:
- You are legally entitled to work in Canada
- You are available to work a variety of shifts as required
- You are medically fit and have successfully completed a Criminal Record Search
- You have previous work experience with high acuity calls in a high call volume area
- You have the proven ability to lead others
- You are considered a team player by other health care professionals