BCEHS is responsible for the delivery, coordination and governance of out-of-hospital emergency health services and inter-facility patient transfer planning and coordination services.
BCEHS is a place where we care for the people who work here. Employees at BCEHS feel pride in the work they do together and feel supported to provide the highest quality, evidence informed emergency care, interfacility transfers, and community services to all patients.
BCEHS brings compassionate, equitable, and professional emergency care, interfacility transfers, and community healthcare services to people in communities across British Columbia.
- Creating the conditions for employees to thrive - to learn, be healthy and effectively apply their professional expertise to do work they are proud of.
- Providing high quality and timely emergency and community health care to meet the unique needs of patients and their families.
- Collaborating and coordinating with partners across healthcare systems to provide people the right care at the right time, the first time.
- Meaningfully consulting and partnering with communities to understand and better meet their needs to ensure equity as well as cultural safety and humility.
- Using evidence-informed decision making to support a learning organization that drives quality as well as innovative and sustainable systems of care.
- Respect people
- Be compassionate
- Dare to innovate
- Cultivate partnerships
- Serve with purpose