Our vision is to be a world leader in paramedic-related healthcare delivery, and an integrated member of the health sector.
Research plays a vital role in determining best practice standards, and provides sound evidence for the care we provide throughout the province.
Paramedic involvement in research is one way in which we deliver on our commitment to promote population health, improve health outcomes, reduce hospitalization, and save lives.
The BCEHS provincial research model supports many innovative research and quality improvement services that aim to enhance healthcare delivery.
- Collect and provide appropriate access to BCEHS data
- Review research proposals prior to implementation, to ensure that the risks, benefits and impacts align with BCEHS's strategic objectives
- Ensure that research proposals are scientifically sound, ethical and feasible
- Support BCEHS staff with research proposals and the research process
- Ensure research capacity and awareness within BCEHS
- Align BCEHS research with organizational and PHSA strategic objectives
- Ensure that our paramedic practice and healthcare systems are based on best practice and the best available evidence
- Improve the quantity and quality of BCEHS participation in clinical research activities
- Make research resources more accessible and useful for staff