Emergency medical responders (EMRs) must have the following licences and certificates on their first day of work with the BC Ambulance Service (BCAS):
- A valid emergency medical responder licence issued by the Emergency Medical Licensing Board.
- A Class 4 Licence. EMRs will be required to hold a licence that the BC Motor Vehicle Act Regulations recognizes for the operation of an ambulance.
Other pre-requisites you have and will bring to this role:
- You are of good character
- You are at least 19 years of age
- You have a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- You are legally entitled to work in Canada
- You are available to work a variety of shifts as required
- You are medically fit and have successfully completed a criminal record search